Wednesday, September 10, 2008

post hannah

Nothing happened from hannah, just a lot of rain, very little wind.

So I decided to replace the garbage disposal. I also had purchased a water purifier (just a simple 2 stage filter) so we would have good water. Got to have good water!

Because I needed to do some plumbing to get the water filter in, and the disposal was in the way, I decided to take the disposal out. That worked fine. The old disposal was a long time to get out, but that was my fault for not noticing a retaining screw that eventually allowed me to seperate the upper drain from the lower drain that connected to the disposal itself. I forgot the plumber's putty so I had to run back to lowes. Otherwise, I had everything I needed to get it installed. The kitchen sink finally drained!

Plus there was filtered water.

No comments: