Monday, October 13, 2008

ama$ing deal

There was a door that I told J about 6 weeks ago. I saw it at Lowes. A french door to replace the crappy slider that we have now. Marked way down. It was $275.

About 6 weeks ago we went and tried to buy it. It was marked as "SOLD." So we went back four or five times. Every time, the guy in millworks would say that he couldn't find it in the computer. I kept saying, "I'll buy it and take it right now."

Finally, tonight someone called a manager in. She sat at the computer for about 15 minutes. She said she would be back in a few minutes, she needed to print something so we could actually buy it.

I brought the tag up to the cashier to pay for it. He looked at it and said, "Hot Damn!" I had just handed him a clearance tag for $200, for a door originally priced $1,886.

What a great score.

No comments: